Celebrate Along Your Journey
We understand that taking steps toward a healthy lifestyle isn't easy. Making these changes is hard, and keeping with your goals is even harder! We want to help you celebrate your success throughout the 10 Pound Throwdown. Most importantly, we want you to celebrate your own successes- no matter how big or small- with friends, family and co-workers along the way.
Many 10 Pound Throwdown participants credit their teams with keeping them moving in the right direction. We also hear that incentives along the way help to keep the energy and focus needed to stick with the 10 Pound Throwdown. That's why, last year, we awarded prizes to more than 25 participants just for taking steps toward improving their health!
This year, we will be awarding prizes along the way and at the end of the challenge.
We will draw two names each week.
The weekly prizes include:
- Week 1 - Fitness and Nutrition Goal Planner
- Week 2 - Salad Spinner and Dressing Maker
- Week 3 - Dumbbell Set
- Week 4 - Healthy Cookbook
- Week 5 - Diffuser and Sleep Mask
- Week 6 - Bento Lunch Box
- Week 7 - Resistance Bands
- Week 8 - Yoga DVD and Mat
- Week 9 - Vegetable Spiralizer
- Week 10 - Reminder Water Bottle
Eligibility: To be eligible for the weekly prize raffle, you must earn the weekly badge by meeting the goal on the Badge Tracker page. See full list of rules at the bottom of the page.
And the Winner is...
You, of course! You've taken steps, no matter how big or small, toward improving your health. That makes you a winner! In addition, at the completion of the 10 Pound Throwdown, the team who has the greatest percent weight loss will receive medals! The employer with the greatest percent weight loss will receive a traveling trophy and bragging rights until the new winner is announced next year!
In addition, at the completion of the 10 Pound Throwdown the following prizes will be awarded:
- Weight Entry Winners- All individuals who entered their weight for 7 or more weeks will be entered into the drawing. Two names will be drawn for prizes.
Badge Tracker Winners- All individuals who earned a combination of 7 or more weekly and bonus badges will be entered into the drawing.
- Two names will be drawn for prizes.
- The badges must be EARNED in the weekly badge tracker during the week the goal first debuts and before the weekly deadline of 11:59 am. Participants who do not earn the badge during the week the goal debuts but add their entry after the weekly deadline will not count toward the 7 week participation requirement.
- Bonus badges may be earned at any time in order for them to count toward the 7 week requirement.
It's all about the journey, not the destination. We understand that the 10 weeks of the 10 Pound Throwdown aren't enough to make sweeping changes to your health and wellness, but rather, a starting point. Which is why we also celebrate the journey of participants by drawing grand prize winners based on participation and badge achievement, not weight change.
Contest Rules: The value of the prize is approximately $20 per week. Actual value may differ at time of prize award. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Raffle winners will be randomly chosen using http://www.miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/. No identifying or personal information will be shared when names are chosen. Participants must have submitted their entries toward the badge goal by 11:59 pm the Monday of the drawing. The drawing will take place on Tuesday mornings and all winners will be notified via email by Friday the week of the drawing. 10 Pound Throwdown committee members are not eligible to win; if their names are selected in the raffle, there will be a re-draw. No purchase is necessary. This raffle is open only to those who sign up at www.10poundthrowdown.com and engage in the Badge Tracker. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The raffle is only open to legal residents of Pennsylvania and Maryland, and is void where prohibited by law.