Celebrate Along Your Journey
We understand that taking steps toward a healthy lifestyle isn't easy. Making these changes is hard, and keeping with your goals is even harder! We want to help you celebrate your success throughout the 10 Pound Throwdown. Most importantly, we want you to celebrate your own successes- no matter how big or small- with friends, family and co-workers along the way.
Many 10 Pound Throwdown participants credit their teams with keeping them moving in the right direction. We also hear that incentives along the way help to keep the energy and focus needed to stick with the 10 Pound Throwdown. That's why, last year, we awarded prizes to more than 25 participants just for taking steps toward improving their health!
This year, we will be awarding prizes along the way and at the end of the challenge.
We will draw two names each week.
The weekly prizes include:
- Week 1 - Kettle bell and DVD
- Week 2 - Digital food scale
- Week 3 - Jump rope and DVD
- Week 4 - Water bottle with infuser
- Week 5 - Exercise ball
- Week 6 - Vegetable Spiralizer and Steamer
- Week 7 - Stretch bands set
- Week 8 - Smoothie Maker
- Week 9 - Exercise Mat
- Week 10 - Cookbook
Eligibility: To be eligible for the weekly prize raffle, you must earn BOTH weekly badges by meeting the physical activity and heathy eating goals on the Badge Tracker page. See full list of rules at the bottom of the page.
And the Winner is...
You, of course! You've taken steps, no matter how big or small, toward improving your health. That makes you a winner! In addition, at the completion of the 10 Pound Throwdown, the team who has the greatest percent weight loss will receive medals! The employer with the greatest percent weight loss will receive a traveling trophy and bragging rights until the new winner is announced next year!
In addition, at the completion of the 10 Pound Throwdown the following prizes will be awarded:
- Weight Entry Winners- All individuals who entered their weight for 7 or more weeks will be entered into the drawing. Two names will be drawn for prizes.
- Badge Tracker Winners- All individuals who entered their healthy behaviors into the badge tracker for 7 or more weeks will be entered into the drawing, regardless of whether or not the participant reached the badge goal.
- Two names for the physical activity badge goals and two names for the healthy eating badge goals will be drawn for prizes.
- Entries must be made to the badge tracker during the week the goal first debuts and before the weekly deadline of 11:59 am. Participants who do not enter their badge tracker information during the week the goals debut but add their entry after the weekly deadline will not count toward the 7 week participation requirement.
- Participants who enter their badge activity before the weekly deadline (Monday at 11:59 am) for that badge but then later edit the badge activity will still count toward the 7 week participation requirement.
It's all about the journey, not the destination. We understand that the 10 weeks of the 10 Pound Throwdown aren't enough to make sweeping changes to your health and wellness, but rather, a starting point. Which is why we also celebrate the journey of participants by drawing grand prize winners based on participation, not weight or behavior change.
Contest Rules: The value of the prize is approximately $20 per week. Actual value may differ at time of prize award. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Raffle winners will be randomly chosen using http://www.miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/. No identifying or personal information will be shared when names are chosen. Participants must have submitted their entries toward the badge goal by 11:59 pm the Monday of the drawing. The drawing will take place on Tuesday mornings and all winners will be notified via email by Friday the week of the drawing. 10 Pound Throwdown committee members are not eligible to win; if their names are selected in the raffle, there will be a re-draw. No purchase is necessary. This raffle is open only to those who sign up at www.10poundthrowdown.com and engage in the Badge Tracker. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The raffle is only open to legal residents of Pennsylvania and Maryland, and is void where prohibited by law.